Thursday 9 December 2010

Adam and Eve, Are You Following Us?!

The first statue below, was photographed at the grounds of the Tokyo Government buildings. It struck me as the first creative piece that looked particularly Western that I had seen in Japan. It also depicts the scene of the apple tree from the Adam and Eve story- The first Christian related piece that I have seen in Japan. Strangely, I also came across a similar statue in Kobe, which immediately reminded me of the one in Tokyo! I  have no idea if they're by the same artist, but their similarity in materials used, the golden apple features and the tree as the centre piece seem far too similar to not have been designed together. I particularly like the elongated form of the Kobe statue, adding an element of elegance to the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment